- Controllers of Personal Information
- What Personal Information About Customers Does Silverback Publishing Gather?
- What About Cookies?
- Does Silverback Publishing Share the Information it Receives?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- What Information Can I Access?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Are Children Allowed to Use Silverback Publishing?
- Notices and Revisions
- Examples of Information Collected
Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or gathered by Silverback Publishing is controlled by
Silverback Internet Services Ltd, Kings Parade
Lower Coombe Street
Croydon CR0 1AA
Silverback Publishing acts as data processor on behalf of the data controllers.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Silverback Publishing Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at Silverback Publishing. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our store and website, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. See below to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses Silverback Publishing or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Silverback Publishing on other websites. See below to see examples of the information we receive.
- E-mail Communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Silverback Publishing if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your preferences using the link at the bottom of every marketing email we send.
- Information From Other Sources: we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. See below to see examples of the information we receive.
What About Cookies?
Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognise your device and to provide features such as, Recommended for you and storage of items in your shopping basket between visits. Any reference to "sites" of Silverback Publishing includes our Silverback Publishing websites, devices, mobile apps or other software. For information on the controllers of your personal information, see Controllers of Personal Information in our Privacy Notice.
- Identifying you when you sign-in to our site. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalised content, recognise you as a Prime member, and enable you to use 1-Click purchasing, among other customised features and services we provide.
- Delivering content, including advertisements, relevant to your interests on Silverback Publishing sites and third-party sites. Our interest-based ads are subject to your preferences as described in the next section.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences. This allows us to honour your likes and dislikes, such as whether or not you would like to see interest-based ads. You may generally exercise your preferences through Your Account.
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping basket.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve Silverback Publishing's content, products and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
Cookies allow you to take advantage of some of Silverback Publishing's essential features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to add items to your Shopping Basket, proceed to Checkout, or use any Silverback Publishing products and services that require you to Sign in.
Does Silverback Publishing Share the Information it Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. Silverback Publishing shares customer information only as described below and with Silverback Internet Services Ltd and the subsidiaries which Silverback Internet Services Ltd controls and that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Protection of Silverback Publishing and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of Silverback Publishing, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
How Secure is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. All your personal and secure card payment is held by our payment provider which does not give us access to your full card number or CV2 security code.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What Information Can I Access?
Silverback Publishing gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Silverback Publishing for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your preferences using the link at the bottom of every marketing email we send. Those notices will still govern your use of Silverback Publishing and orders placed with Silverback Publishing, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
Are Children Allowed to Use Silverback Publishing?
Silverback Publishing doesn't sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you're under 18, you may use Silverback Publishing only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices & Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at Silverback Publishing, please contact us with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use & Sale will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you: search for a product; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or your Your Profile; communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; use our services.
information, including page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.We may also collect technical information to help us identify your device for fraud prevention and diagnostic purposes.
Information From Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include: updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information and page-view information.
Co-Branded & Joint Offerings
We may from time to time offer joint or co-branded products and services.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at Silverback Publishing include: up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications, payment settings and Your Profile.